Charlene Teo, Counselling Supervisor
Counselling Supervisor | Service Excellence Coach & Trainer | Mindfulness Facilitator
Charlene Teo is a Master Class Trainer who is spurred on a continuing drive to inspire and empower others. Charlene has been in various people-related industries for more than 30 years ranging from the hospitality industry to education and psychotherapy of both children and adults.
As an educator, she is a certified Specialist Adult Educator under the Institute of Adult Learning Professionalisation Programme. She works with many corporate organisations, schools as well as the public sector in providing training in the areas of Service Leadership, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness in the Workplace (for Adults / Teen / Children) and Family Education.
She conducts training on Human Behaviour as an Adult Educator and curriculum developer for the Social Service Institute (SSI) in the Higher Diploma in Social Services. She is also a trainer for the Centre of Advancement in Family Education in Parent Education programmes under “Family Matters” in Schools.
Charlene is a seasoned service excellence trainer. Earlier in her career, Charlene spent several years in Singapore Airlines as an in-house trainer on service excellence, communication and customer skills and HR.
As a clinician, she is a registered Clinical Supervisor with the Singapore Association for Counselling. She is also a certified Transactional Analysis Advanced Practitioner with the US Transactional Analysis Association (USTAA). She perseveres to guide, counsel and facilitate her clients and supervisees towards mindful adaptation to what life has to offer. She has worked with youth-at-risk, children and adults with special needs, eating disorders, corporate employee counselling, couple therapy and stress management coaching.
Qualifications & Certification
- Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education, DACE (WDA)
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment, ACTA (WDA)
- Certified Master Class Trainer (BKI)
- Certified DISC and FACET 5 Human Behaviour Consultant
- Certified Hypnotherapy Master Practitioner (ABH)
- Certified Time-Line Therapy Master Practitioner (TLTA)
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner (ABNLP)
- Certified Impact System Master Coach (BKI)
- Certified Master Level in Motivational Interviewing (SYCC)
- Certified teacher of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and trained under the tutelage of trainers from Oxford University Mindfulness Centre.
- Certified trainer of the Paws b and .b Mindfulness Curriculum under the Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP). [The .b courses are based on the core principles of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR – University of Massachusetts ) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT – Oxford University).]
- Master of Social Science in Professional Counselling from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Selection of Clients
- AXS Singapore
- CPA Australia
- Haworth Singapore
- iCARE (Academy of Singapore Teachers))
- Institute of Adult Learning (IAL)
- JP Morgan
- National Council of Social Services, Social Service Institute (SSI)
- Ministry of Social and Family Development (including for the Centre for the Advancement of Family Education, and more than 20 schools)
- Singapore Airlines
- Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
“I’ve learnt how to love myself better – by living life fully (including its ups and downs). I now give myself and others the space to notice and be attentive, and the space to change/learn/grow/err. Also by being conscious of what I feel and being mindful/intentional in my actions. Have also learnt self-compassion. Thank you, Charlene.”