Counselling Supervisor | Service Excellence Coach & Trainer | Mindfulness Facilitator
Charlene Teo is a Master Class Trainer with over 30 years of experience in various people-related industries, including hospitality, education, and psychotherapy. She is a certified Specialist Adult Educator and works with corporate organizations, schools, and the public sector to provide training in Service Leadership, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness in the Workplace, and Family Education. She also develops curricula and conducts training for the Social Service Institute and is a trainer for the Centre of Advancement in Family Education in Parent Education programs.
Charlene has extensive experience as a service excellence trainer and worked in Singapore Airlines as an in-house trainer for several years on service excellence, communication, customer skills, and HR. As a clinician, she is a registered Clinical Supervisor and certified Transactional Analysis Advanced Practitioner. She works with youth-at-risk, children and adults with special needs, eating disorders, corporate employee counseling, couple therapy, and stress management coaching.
Charlene’s expertise lies in inspiring and empowering others and facilitating mindful adaptation to what life has to offer. She brings her broad experience in education and psychotherapy to bear in her training and counseling work and is sought after by a variety of organizations for her expertise in these areas.
- Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education, DACE (WDA)
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment, ACTA (WDA)
- Certified Master Class Trainer (BKI)
- Certified DISC and FACET 5 Human Behaviour Consultant
- Certified Hypnotherapy Master Practitioner (ABH)
- Certified Time-Line Therapy Master Practitioner (TLTA)
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner (ABNLP)
- Certified Impact System Master Coach (BKI)
- Certified Master Level in Motivational Interviewing (SYCC)
- Certified teacher of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and trained under the tutelage of trainers from Oxford University Mindfulness Centre.
- Certified trainer of the Paws b and .b Mindfulness Curriculum under the Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP). [The .b courses are based on the core principles of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR – University of Massachusetts ) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT – Oxford University).]
- Master of Social Science in Professional Counselling from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Clients I Have Worked With
- AXS Singapore
- CPA Australia
- Haworth Singapore
- iCARE (Academy of Singapore Teachers))
- Institute of Adult Learning (IAL)
- JP Morgan
- National Council of Social Services, Social Service Institute (SSI)
- Ministry of Social and Family Development (including for the Centre for the Advancement of Family Education, and more than 20 schools)
- Singapore Airlines
- Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
What My Clients Say
I’ve learnt how to love myself better – by living life fully (including its ups and downs). I now give myself and others the space to notice and be attentive, and the space to change/learn/grow/err. Also by being conscious of what I feel and being mindful/intentional in my actions. Have also learnt self-compassion. Thank you, Charlene.